Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 70. Pie Day.

Dinner tonight?  Shepherd's Pie and Pumpkin Pie.
Saute the onions, carrots, and celery.
Add the turkey and spices.
Simmer with chicken stock and tomato paste, add peas and corn.
Boil the potatoes.
Mash with milk, egg yolk, and butter.
Assemble, and you've got shepherd's pie!


For the pumpkin pie, grind the gingersnaps with more ginger, butter and sugar.
Press into a pie tin.
Simmer the pumpkin with half-and-half, sugar, eggs and nutmeg. 
Pour and bake!
 My family better be VERY grateful that they are getting gourmet meals every night, because when I can finally eat, the only one I am going to be cooking for is ME ME ME!
I finished my inchies piece...




It's going to look very nice with all nine pieces hung up together.

No comments:

Post a Comment