Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday the 13th (oooohhhh) and day 53.

Painting has become a little mechanical for me lately.  It is almost compulsive - like I have to do it in order to pass the time.  The energy it takes to contain my hunger turns into a frenetic creative spark, which I guess is a good thing, but one needs some balance in life.  Some art, and then some sweet time of nothingness.  A lunch with friends.  I can't wait until I can eat so I don't feel like I have to run a marathon all day and can just sit, eat, and relax!

Mermaid sitting on a turtle (picture's a little blurry)

Girl swimming with fish

Two hearts gazing at the moon together

Count Your Blessings (inspired by Monet's waterlilies)



My Time With You
 This piece was inspired by another Joseph Campbell quote.  The man's a genius and I've read The Power Of Myth cover to cover several times.  The painting is called Dance To The Rhythm of the Universe.


 I have to admit that food shopping is getting progressively harder for me...I now shop in a much smaller supermarket so I can get it and out efficiently.  My body is really craving food - a good sign, so the doctors tell me, but not good for me now when I can't have any!!!  For my family, I made crunchy crispy baked chicken tenders crusted in...GOLDFISH!  Yum, that sounds good!
First, bang the heck out of those goldfish - which is quite fun and also therapeutic!
Pound the chicken super-thin.
Cut the chicken into strips and season with salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning.
Whisk together sour cream, an egg, and spices.

Dip each strip into the sour cream mixture, and then the goldfish crumbs.  Bake at 400F for 10 minutes.  YUM!  I served this with some tomato sauce on the side.
 And a perfect side dish for this comfort food meal - baked Macaroni and Cheese!
Make the white sauce with butter, flour, milk and mustard powder.

Boil the macaroni noodles.

Simmer with chopped onion, paprika, salt, pepper, and a bay leaf.
Stir in lots of sharp cheddar cheese.
Top with panko bread crumbs and bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
Some yummy buttery soft pretzels.
Peanut Butter and Carrot Muffins for the dogs.

Sunny side eggs for mom.
 And a homemade scrambled egg tortilla for dad to take to work.
 Today I am taking the initiative to increase to THREE jellos per day (holy moly!) and I am hoping that my fistula stays calm and understanding.  It's been pretty dry these past few days so I am keeping my fingers crossed.  After this is all over, I will never look at another jello again!  Or anything flavored "lime", "strawberry-banana" or "orange"!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment