Friday, May 20, 2011

60 days of not eating or drinking a drop :(

I am so discouraged.  I am refusing to let myself think about the fistula.  I am just going to focus on going to Columbia in the fall, and eventually eating again.
My cinnamon raisin bread turned out awesome!

 Then I made a recipe from Gourmet Magazine:  Kale and White Bean Soup with Chestnuts.
Saute the pancetta with garlic and onion.
Add stock, parmesan rind, white beans, and diced tomatoes.
Stir in chestnuts and spices.
Bring to a boil and puree.
Stir in kale.

I played some more with the gouache set I got. 
 ...did two more inchies as I promised I would...

IF WE STAND LIKE TREES, WE CAN WEATHER THE STORM.
 This is a really difficult time for both me and my mom.  It's so hard not eating, but it's also hard not being able to feed your daughter.  I can sympathize with how much she feels for me right now, so I decided to paint her a picture this morning - I did this in under an hour!


My mom also made me something special - she's very into jewelry so she beaded me a beautiful necklace out of pyrites and sapphires.

Love is the gift that keeps on giving, and is what can help anyone get through the most trying times.  My family is what keeps me strong.
I am so discouraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment