Friday, June 3, 2011

Days 71, 72, 73, 74 - Summer is approaching!

Dinner tonight:  Chicken Cacciatore
Saute the onions, bell pepper, and garlic.
Dredge the chicken in flour and brown it.
Add wine, stock, and tomatoes.
Chicken Cacciatore!

Butternut Squash
Wild Rice Bread - whole wheat bread with cooked wild rice in it.
 English Muffins...on the griddle - how easy is that?!

Then I made a Spinach Souffle - I didn't realize how easy souffles were to make!
Whip the egg whites. 
Boil the potatoes.

Make a bechamel sauce (sort of) with milk, egg yolks, onions, garlic, and flour.

Process the sauce with melted cheddar cheese and 10oz of spinach, and fold the egg whites in.
Top with grated parmesan cheese
Bake at 375F for 30 minutes.
Serve immediately.  (It drops pretty quickly)

Quinoa, Mango, and Black Bean Salad
 My mom and I did an exercise where we pick any word and then pick 3-5 colors to express it.  We picked frustration.  Quite appropriate for this time.  This is what we came up with:
Mine

Mom's

I did a little more on my still life - I think the reflection in the colander is pretty cool.
 Then my mom and I did another exercise where we picked a word and tried to portray it the best we could in any way we felt like.  We just got this great set of Copic Markers,  So we chose the word patience (very appropriate too) and gave the markers a try.
seeds take time...patience...

No comments:

Post a Comment