Tuesday, April 26, 2011

So excited for this art retreat!

Lots of packing to do today for the Art and Soul Retreat.  So excited!!!!
First I added some more to my still life.
 Then I made Salmon Cannelloni with a Lemon Cream Sauce.  I had a lot of fun making this.
Make the tarragon crepes.
Make the sauce with clam juice, cream, butter, flour, water, lemon zest, and spices.
Coat the salmon with butter and shallots.
Place the salmon butter-side-down on the crepe.
Roll them all up.
Spread the sauce on top - SALMON IN A BLANKET!
 My mom doesn't like her dishes so heavy, so I made her a weight-watcher's recipe:  Salmon with Lemon Herb Crumbs:
Coat the salmon with low-fat mayo, dijon mustard, and lemon juice.
Then coat it with bread crumbs, oregano, and lemon zest.
 For my dad I made a delicious blueberry muffin.

Mom's eggs and toast breakfast.
Mom's lunch:  the muffin, the salmon, and Basil Dill Cole Slaw.
 For my brothers' breakfast, I made blueberry blintzes.
I put milk, eggs, oil, flour and sugar in a blender and threw it on the crepe-maker.
I filled it with blueberries, cinnamon, and pineapple cottage cheese.
..baked it for 10 minutes, and there ya go!
Of course, Apple Cheddar Pupcakes for my little dogs!
 I put the finishing touches on the hat we are required to decorate for this art convention.



..added a little more to this painting.
 And my donut pan came in the mail today!  So I just had to get out the oven mitts again.  Easy baked donuts.
 Since I am meeting an old childhood friend Erin at this convention, I decided to make her a little card.


I CAN'T WAITI!  And this will be the perfect distraction to get my mind off of food too.

1 comment:

  1. The food looks so delicious! Thanks for sharing this! I like the work of arts as well! Thanks!...Daniel

    ReplyDelete