Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 26 - Spring has arrived!

The sun is shining, it smells of spring rain, the flowers are blossoming...and I'm starving...as usual...but on with the day, right?

First thing - to the studio!

I used vellum for the girl - such a smooth material to paint over.
I painted this girl on vellum for future use.

Then in the kitchen, my dad really loved those Cheesy Corn Cakes with turkey bacon and a sunny side egg, soI made them for breakfast on his day off.
 For my mom, Zucchini Bread with golden raisins and walnuts.
 Then I undertook the quite daunting task of making ravioli.  I swear to you, I am NEVER making ravioli by hand again!  It was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life.  I had to roll out each square by hand, fill each one, seal each one individually...they better enjoy it - that's all I have to say!!!
Make the meat mixture, add in some peppers, onions, parmesan,balsamic vinegar, etc.
Make the pasta dough.
My mom bought a "ravioli maker."  I tried it - it didn't do anything!  So I had to do each square by hand!
I rolled the dough into tiny individual balls...
Rolled it out and filled it with the meat mixture, brushed it with egg wash...
And did it many, many times!
Boiled them...and dinner it served.  I'm pooped.
 I am obviously not celebrating Passover this year since I can't eat anything, but my brothers are going to a seder, so I made a Banana Cake with Cinnamon Streusel for them to take there.  I started crying as I was chopping the bananas into the batter - it just smelled so amazing!  I can't wait until I can eat again.  There are just so many things I want to cook for myself...
Separate 6 eggs. 
Beat the egg whites with sugar (you need two separate mixing bowls.)

Beat the yolks with vanilla, salt, matzoh meal, and potato starch
Fold in the whites, the yolks, and the bananas.
Pour into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish and bake for 30 minutes at 325F.
Before baking, sprinkle with the streusel (which is a crumble of cinnamon, sugar, oil, and matzoh meal.)  YUM!
 I was going to bake granola bars too, but I just got too hungry.  Back to the studio:
I used the vellum girl I drew earlier, and also a magazine page I gessoed at Disney World.  The magazine girl is crying into the vellum girl's hand.


 Some day I will be able to do art for fun and not be on "go" for hours just to keep my mind of food.
Some day...

No comments:

Post a Comment