Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 27 - getting closer to the finish line...

It is a gorgeous day outside.  I love Spring!!!

 Even Home Goods is rejoicing in the beauty of nature today!
Isn't this bench gorgeous?
 I think I am going to use this statue in one of my paintings:
 I just purchased "bleeding tissue paper" from Michael's which is supposed to have a bleed-through effect when you paint over it.
 I added a magazine page that I gessoed and colored in, and then layered napkins and matte medium on top of everything:
 Added a little embellishment...

 I layered napkins over this magazine page as well:

 Then I decided to do my own interpretation of the piece that really caught my eye at Disney World:
 Here is my version:
 Then to the kitchen.  My first project didn't turn out so well.  I tried to make kosher for passover chocolate chip cookies, but they turned out disastrously - I couldn't even save them by scraping them off the pan!  Here is the link to the recipe.  I'll be impressed if anyone can figure this recipe out!
 Then I made "Pancake Muffins" that are flavored with maple syrup.  Instead of chocolate chips, I added bananas and apples.
 I didn't want to waste the leftover zucchini I used for the zucchini bread i made the other day, so I made some zucchini patties which are just like potato latkes, except with zucchinis.  I fried them on the crepe maker and they turned out great.
 Then I toasted up some oats and nuts, cut up some apricots, dates and raisins, and made granola bars.
 Lastly,  made my mom's favorite dressing, a buttermilk herb dressing with lemon juice, garlic, shallots, parmesan cheese, buttermilk, olive oil, dill, parsley, and lots of other great stuff.
Day 32 is so close I can literally taste it!  "Day 32" doesn't really mean anything - everything depends on my body's rate of healing.  But I'm hoping that the doctor might give me an encouraging word, like "just try a piece of turkey and see what happens."  I'm ready!  (Don't ask - I've really been craving turkey this whole time for some reason!)

No comments:

Post a Comment