Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 15 and Day 16. So close yet too far.

I finished some backgrounds that I started the other day.  I love art, but I end up pushing myself in my studio for hours just to get my mind off of food.  Sometimes you just want to relax and take a break after all of that painting.  But I am sort of putting myself on auto-pilot to keep my mind away from food.  It is not easy.
I like the color scheme here.
"Music Drops From My Guitar"
Gift From A Tree
Heart-Rain
Then I went completely abstract and stamped the heck out of a canvas - I used a brayer, napkins, sponges and stamps for extra texture.

I then sprinkled on some gold dust.
On a stamping kick, I decided to stamp out this girl
Then I went for the cardboard-texturing again and gessoed a bunch of ripped up cardboard to a large canvas.

Once I got through with literally throwing some glazes, acrylics and watercolors at it.
 And of course, to the kitchen...
Today I made Black Bean Brownies - you heard me!  Try it!
 After discovering a jar of nutella in the pantry, I also made Oatmeal Nutella Cookies.

And blueberry cornmeal ebelskivers.
Peanut Butter Dog Treats for the dogs.
Lox, Eggs, and Onions for Mom
I think I am leaving for Disney World just in time.  It is SO hard limiting myself to one stick of gum and one Jello a day.  Hopefully, Disney will be just the right lift and distraction that I need.  Plus - my birtday is on Sunday!  (No birthday cake this year.  Can I fit 24 candles in my Jello?)

No comments:

Post a Comment