Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 25 - cooking and art-ing

I started today with some whimsical art.

I used the gessoed magazine page I colored in at Disney World.


 Those two pieces only took me a combined two hours!  I was really in the flow of things I guess.  And then I got to the baking marathon.  I started off with Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.  I finally finished that huge old can of pumpkin!

 Then I undertook the time-consuming task of making Cinnamon Rolls with Pecans.  They actually turned out great!
Let the dough rise for one hour.
Smother it with a butter-sugar-cinnamon blend and sprinkle pecans onto it.
Roll it up real good.
Let the rolls rise for a half hour.

Bake for 35 minutes at 325F.
Just look at that!
My dogs really love those Apple Cheddar Pupcakes, so now I end up making them every time we run out.  Of course, I ran out of cheddar, so I substituted mozzarella cheese.  I'm sure they're just as good.
 For my mom, I made Herb-baked eggs with spinach.  I also made some buckwheat apple cinnamon walnut miniature pancakes to go with them.
 And last, just some classic good old Peanut Butter Cookies.
 Then I went back down tothe art room to do some background work. First, I shredded magazines and glue-gunned them on a large canvas, then I put matte medium all over them, and then I covered the canvas with layers of napkins.  Finally, I washed the whole thing over with a light acrylic glaze.
 Here's another one:
 And some other textured backgrounds.  I can't believe I'm out of canvases already - I'm off to Jerry's Artarama to get some more!

These are some acrylic paintings I just found from this summer when I had to spend two months at Yale hospital:


Still starving, but still plunging ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment