Thursday, April 16, 2015

Blessings abound and that's the truth. On and off the canvas...and it's all a beautiful mess!

Happy Thursday!!!!

"Everything is a gift of the universe--even joy, anger, jealously, frustration, or separateness. Everything is perfect either for our growth or our enjoyment." 
Hey Everyone - well it is a gorgeous day today and Spring is definitely with us today.  The beauty of that is how it lives in our souls too, no matter where we are or how we feel.  We can always access Spring within us...
Central Park in Spring...Ahhhh....
The reason I'm starting off writing this is because today, I happen to be in the hospital.  Hey, I am truly thankful I am blessed with the miraculous gift of life once again after such a crazy medical ideal, but what comes with that is it's not a perfect system, so every now and then I need some uptuning...I did a bit more art this morning, packed some wedding magazines, my laptop, work for college (almost half-way through my college career!), and of course, I brought a TON of art supplies to the hospital this morning - because hey, that's where I first got into art in 2010 - so please, spirits of creativity, let this be a fruitful time for me!!!
I started addingn a willo tree to my abstract background with whatever time I had (NONE) this morning for myself...
Jeanine and Frederic brought me beautiful cherry blossoms last night - still can't wait for the Beechwood Arts Immersion Salon on Resilience and the Power of the Human Spirit - Lord knows I've got that!!!

So anyway, enough about that.  Everyone needs a tuneup..  Especially my piano...

AmyOes.com Newsletter #7!!!
My Discover, Inspire, Create Newsletter went out last night - so please subscribe to my newsletter on Amyoes.com and you'll get one every 7-10 days - there are blog recaps, site updates, performances, art, oh you know me - all that fun stuff...you can check the newsletter archive here too!!!


In the Studio...
Not too much time today, but I did want my abstract series to be three canvases.  I was hoping the background would be a bit more drastically different than the last two, but I ain't done yet...
I was trying to make it a bright and blinding golden yellow, maybe even vary the texture a bit...

And then you know me and me once I get my hands on some COLOR...

(Pardon my dad's bald head, which actually makes a lovely background, dontcha think?
Again, the first part of my abstract-creating process hasn't dried yet, plus I got lots more to do tomorrow - so stay tuned!!!
 As you can see, there is not as much variety as I was picturing, but the beauty of making messes is that you can always make mess after mess over it - just call it "variations on a theme, if you will!"  So, DEFINITELY still in the works...
Now, what little surprises shall I hide in this third canvas of the series?
(These are just some things I've hid in the other two canvases..)

Song Inspiration...and Broadway Shows...yum.
I wanted to share with you a song and art combination that has dearly touched me ever since I was a HUGE musical theatre geek.  Sunday in the park with George was an amazing musical by amazing Broadway composer Stephen Sondheim.  It was based on the wonderful painting by George Seurat A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte
The Original Painting...
You can listen and watch the opening number of Sunday In The Park With George at this link, from the original cast featuring the amazing Bernadette Peters...
There is also another beautiful song from "Sunday..."  called Move On.  You can watch and listen to the amazingly beautiful song as well as view lyrics only the genius mind and soul of Sondheim could pen onto paper...
WATCH IT HERE!  Move On
MY FAVORITE lyrics from this song?
I chose and my world was shaken. So what? The choice may have been mistaken; the choosing was not. You have to move on. - Stephen Sondheim

Some really great pancake recipes!!!
Browsing through Barnes & Nobles is a musemu experience in itself - I found this great pancake collection and these were some really exciting varieties I've gotta try - what sounds good to you?
savory is always nice...
can't argue with dessert pancakes!
And is there any holier kid-adored combo than PB & J???
I'm going now....boohoo.
Okay, wish me luck.  This should be quick!  Promise.  I will be back because I have a ton of stuff in the works - most importantly - wedding two month countdown!

But here is my wish for you - just know that even in this dingy hospital room I'll be doing it right here with you, my cyber-space creators...

See the life in trees everywhere... 
Pray in whatever way that means for you - my amazing cousin brought me this mezuzzah from Israel!

Do some art - whatever it is, heck, don't call it art, just make a mess!!
Make a terrarium - it's really fun!

Eat some Chinese food and save all the fortunes - maybe make a collage with all those goodies!!!
Sing a song - no worries, no-one woman show required!!!
Gutless & Grateful - and that's the TRUTH!!!

Life life and do whatever it makes you feel like doing.

BLESSINGS be with all of you.  Whatever that means to you.  Because we are all so blessed...



2 comments:

  1. Hi I'm stopping by on the A to Z challenge...are you no longer participating? You've got some great art on here! Glad to see you've taken a scary moment in your life and turned it into something beautiful.

    ReplyDelete