Sunday, January 23, 2011

Pasta Night!

 
I found this great recipe for "Mushroom Bolognese" in the latest issue of Cooking Light, so I decided tonight was Pasta Night!!!


First, a trip to Michael's for some supplies - I have an Acrylics course starting this week.

Then to Fairway, the greatest supermarket in the world!  I swear, I am in heaven here.  It's Whole Foods, Stop and Shop, a kosher deli, and a specialty gourmet store all in one!  I could spend hours in here.



Melon...I cannot wait to have you!!!!  My biggest temptation since not being able to have any fiber in my diet unfortunately.

Then to the cooking!  First, sautee some onions and garlic.

Add some ground turkey (the original recipe called for ground pork)

Add some various mushrooms, which help give the sauce its meaty flavor

Add some special spices, a can of diced tomatoes, and tomato paste
Boil some pasta, stir in a bit of cream, throw some parmesan cheese on top, and you're done!  And this recipe got amazing reviews from the family!

To go with it, I made a spinach salad with red pepper and white beans, as well as a home-made tomato basil vinaigrette.

Nothing like a home-cooked dinner all together on a Saturday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment