Saturday, January 22, 2011

Hi and Welcome!

Well, I've been wanting to do this for a very long time and this morning I've finally got the drive to put together a blog!  I guess I start with sharing a little about myself.  My name is Amy Oestreicher.  I was an aspiring musical theatre actress with an intense passion for life, set to attend one of the best musical theatre colleges in the country, when smack in the middle of my senior year, a blood clot left me in a coma for months.  To make a long story short, my stomach exploded and I was unable to eat or drink for three years!  In healing from 20+ surgeries, I've fell in and out of various interests.  I've done everything from start a chocolate business, study karate, teach nursery school, star in two musicals, written an autobiography, a one act play, and most importantly, live life to the fullest despite being covered with tubes and bags various times over these few years.  I am now 23 years old, still living at home but with dreams of hopefully soon living an independent, rewarding life where I can help other people through what I have experienced at such a young age.  Two blessings I have discovered out of this - two of many - is a passion for cooking and an intense passion for art - I have particularly taken to mixed media and acrylic work.  I started this blog to share my adventures and passion with you.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment