Friday, January 28, 2011

But snowed in another day???

Okay, so for the second day we were snowed in.  Thankfully I got a huge set of new puff paints!!!

Remember how I completely ruined the painted background I made the other day?  Well, I painted over it  in an effort to save it.
I added in a tree reaching to the moon, and added a cow jumping over it.  Quite whimsical.


I was trying to think of some words to tie it all together, and I noticed that the big tree seemed to be hoisting the little tree up to reach up to the stars.
Hence the title, "together we can reach stars" - I am pretty happy with how it turned out.

Now, this other background I created - I really didn't like the acrylics I added onto it.  So it was nothing a little felt and fabric can't fix apparently!

I gave the painting some added texture by adding figures and different fabrics - brings it to life much more than just straight acrylic painting.




Just a little puff-painting to highlight it and then I'm done!

My next project idea: making 9 little canvas paper cards to fit in this lovely frame - I'm thinking of maing collages of the nine symbols that appear most often in my work: a girl dancing, bird, cow, tree, fire, teardrops, breaking hearts, flower, lightning - yup, that's nine!

My mom and I were especially bored on this snow day, so I created a little activity - I gave us each a set of the same materials, and we had to create a piece using all of the materials.  

Interestingly enough, we created similar themes on the same materials!  I themed my painting around PINK, her's was around RED.

Thankfully, I shopped for ingredients two days at a time - there was no getting out with all of that snow! I made delicious stuffed chicken with sundried tomatoes and artichokes.  Click Here For The Recipe!

I made a quiche that was low-fat for my family by using buttermilk instead of cream - who knew?

And some wild rice I sort of improvised on - this was kitchen sink rice - cranberries, almonds, cinnamon, allspice, dil, parsley, paprika, bell peppers, white onion, garlic, celery, red onion, carrots, orange zest...it turned out great!

Let's see a cross-section of that yummy chicken!

Sometimes it's nice being trapped with the family on a snow day...sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment