Friday, May 1, 2015

May flowers, inchies, inspiration for the weekend...

Getting inspired on a Friday...
The flowers on my willow trees are such a delicate light pink they almost look like a wedding canopy...

...or maybe I'm just getting excited!

Today I am finding inspiration everywhere.  Final wedding plans are being started, resumed and finished, there are no stopping the tulips on my lawn from growing full force, and my body continues to heal at an amazing rate.
And so is our garden!
The latest art I need to start doing are some more inchies - for the wedding this time!
If I can get enough done in time, I'd like to put one romantic inchie on each place card setting...
Maybe attach an inchie to the top left corner...
In the meantime, my work is cut out for me!  
You can see some more of my inchie work at the inchie gallery of amyoes.com :)

 
May...

Forgive me if, in friendship’s way,
I offer thee a wreath of May....
[N]ourished by the dews of heaven....
So I have Ivy placed between,
To prove that worth is ever green.
The little blue Forget-me-not...
Spring’s messenger in every spot,
Smiling on all—"Remember me!"
~John Clare, "To E.L.E. on May Morning," May 1st 1830

I can't believe it's May 1st already.  As it gets warmer, time really starts to soar.  And even Whole Foods is celebrating!
So for some extra-random inspiration, here's some things I bet you didn't know about May...
1. The month May was named for Maia, the Greek goddess of fertility. 
2. In any given year, no month ever begins or ends on the same day of the week as May does. 
3. May's birthstone is the emerald which is emblematic of love and success. 
4. May was once considered a bad luck month to get married. There is a poem that says "Marry in May and you'll rue the day". 
5.  The United Kingdom celebrates May as the National Smile Month. 
6. On May 1, 1931, the Empire State Building was officially opened. 

Some Art Inspiration...
I found some wonderful shadow box art online - definitely more ideas for my art to-do list - but first need to get these inchies started!
This is from the wonderful blog Candy Creates
This precious piece actually reminded me of inchies...
From Georgiana Lane

Before I go...
Have a great weekend everyone - I won't be blogging at all..because I shall be celebrating my bachelorette weekend!  But I'll be back :)

Here's an inspiring story of making art I'd like to share with you that I've just read:


And if you need a recipe this weekend - never close the door on anything - even meatloaf!
April is a promise that May is bound to keep. ~Hal Borland


4 comments:

  1. Enjoy your bachelorette weekend! This post is so inspiring - you are so great at crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the pending nuptials! I love that UK celebrates national smile month thats cute lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy! Thanks for the shout out! I am glad that my art inspired you enough to write me and post my art on this uplifting blog. Congrats on your upcoming wedding. I wish you a lifetime of joy and happiness. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so beautiful! you are so creative. Thanks for sharing #ConfessionsLinkUp

    ReplyDelete